Thesis or Dissertation Assistance
We offer comprehensive statistics consulting for graduate students working on their thesis or dissertation. We work with students at all stages of the process, from those in the earliest stages (deciding what topic to study) to those in the later stages (only needing their data analyzed and Chapter 4 completed). As a PhD candidate seeking dissertation assistance, BISC can offer the following:
- We offer personalized and comprehensive statistics support via phone and email. We will work with you until you are comfortable with the product, as we consider ourselves educators and mentors. We can create PowerPoint presentations or other visual tools to help you present your research findings.
- We have the ability to support highly complex statistical analyses.
- We go beyond advising you in your methods and findings. We participate in the preparation of your methods (Chapter 3) and results (Chapter 4) sections, and work with you until you understand them.
- We come highly recommended by the graduate students we’ve worked with. We are members in good standing with the Statistical Consulting section of the American Statistical Association.
- We have expertise with most statistical software packages, including, but not limited to:
- SPSS, SAS, R, Minitab, Stata, and SPlus for traditional statistics
- JMP for machine learning techniques (e.g., decision tree modeling, random forests)
- Mplus, LISREL, and AMOS for structural equation modeling (SEM) and path analysis
- MATLAB for simulations and bootstrapping
- NVIVO, NUDIST, and ATLAS for qualitative work
For students in the early stage of their research, we will work with you to fully understand your research topic. We will review and digest the work you have produced thus far (your earlier chapters, your proposal, etc), as well as any articles you suggest. Following this, we will be prepared to propose a logical plan for moving forward.
We then work on your statistical methodology. If you have not yet collected your data, we will assist you with the optimal sampling strategy for the data to be collected. We will also determine the sample size required for your study, as well as examine the reliability and validity of your constructs. Experimental design (planning the collection of data) is a critically important step in the project, as resources expended on poor design typically cannot be recovered in the data analysis phase.
The next step is to work up a draft of your methods section (Chapter 3) in APA format to be submitted to your committee for feedback. We will work with you to make any and all changes required by your committee for final approval, regardless of the time it requires.
If your study requires assistance with data entry, we can help you to set up a template, or we can provide data entry at a reasonable extra charge.
For students with a completed methods section, and data in hand, we are available to analyze your data using the most appropriate methodology. We are proficient with most statistical methods and statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, R, Stata, and SPlus for traditional statistics, Mplus/LISREL/AMOS for structural equation modeling or path analysis, JMP for machine learning techniques, NVIVO/NUDIST for qualitative work, and many other relevant statistical packages.
Following the analysis of your data, we will send you a professional draft of your results (Chapter 4). This will include tables and figures in APA format, along with a detailed summary of the findings. Professional APA editing is available for the remainder of your thesis/dissertation (Chapters 1 and 2) at a reasonable fee.
We pride ourselves in providing ongoing support in the form of interpretation of the results, providing ample instruction on the methods used (and why), suggested reading materials for you to greater understand the particular statistical methods used, providing you with a PowerPoint slide deck of the main points of the results, and allowing an open line of communication to ensure that you completely understand the results of the analysis and are comfortable discussing them freely. This includes preparation for your defense and peer review process.
Please read our Academic Integrity Policy.